I can’t believe I’ve been nominated for The Liebster Award, which I’d never heard of until today. Thanks to Jennifer Windram for the honor. I’m fairly new to blogging and am having a little trouble wrapping my head around this!
This award recognizes up and coming blog writers and helps people find new and relevant blogs for them to follow. I have been asked the 10 following questions and must answer them:
1. Spicy food: yummy or heartburn in the making?
I love food with a lot of flavor, so spicy food is definitely yummy. Heartburn’s for wimps.
2. Have you ever stayed in a hostel? How about a bed a breakfast?
I have stayed in a hostel (3 actually) when I was traveling in Sweden. The first one was so clean, we had our own rooms (which was odd) and had a wonderful continental breakfast. The second was not so nice, but the third made up for it. The room was on a ship and was absolutely beautiful. Not to mention the rocking of the vessel put you right to sleep!
3. Do you still own any stuffed animals?
I could never give up P.J., the brown stuffed teddy bear my father bought me when I was in fourth grade and broke my arm.
4. Mittens or gloves? Or neither?
Neither. They just get in my way. Unless I’m outside shovelling snow for a long period of time, forget about it!
5. If you could change one thing about the way you look, what would it be? Or would you change anything?
I would change my skin complexion/tone. My face nearly always looks like it is sunburnt.
6. What is your biggest fear, that is also somewhat irrational?
I would say my biggest irrational fear is deep sea diving only to discover that there’s been an oil spill and it has been set on fire. At that point, I’d have to choose my way to die – death by fire or death by drowning. This fear is irrational because I don’t deep sea dive, or snorkel, or even really swim underwater in the ocean, and I highly doubt the odds of something like that happening are slim to none.
7. Have you ever cheated at a board game?
Yes, I remember cheating at Candy Land when I was little.
8. Where do you eat most of your meals? On the couch? At the dining room table? Standing in the kitchen? In a comfy diner booth?
At my desk chair at school. I eat breakfast and lunch there…and occasionally dinner as well when I stay after to get lesson planning done.
9. Is there a food that you just can’t stand?
10. Have you ever bought anything you saw on an infomercial?
I’ve never bought anything from an infomercial before, but I have bought “As Seen on TV” stuff at Wal-mart. Does that count?
I have nominated the following blogs for the Liebster Award:
The Young Author Diaries
Bridging a Cultural Gap f. Cheburashka & Bri
Convergence and Collision
And here are the rules, as far as I know:
-Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
-Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
-Nominate up to 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
-Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
And finally…here are the ten questions my nominees must answer:
1) If you could have any “super” power in the world, what would it be and why?
2) When is your energy/productivity at its peak? Morning, Afternoon, or Night?
3) What was your dream job when you were in middle school?
4) If you could read only one book for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
5) What is your favorite cultural cuisine?
6) If knighted, what would your coat-of-arms look like? Why?
7) Where is the one place you have always wished to travel to? Why?
8) If you could go back and change anything in or life, what would it be? Or would you keep it the same?
9) How would you solve the problem of world hunger if given the opportunity?
10) Who would you invite to dinner, alive or dead, and why?