I decided to start this blog because I’ve always been a voracious reader and reviewer of books and I wanted my reviews to become more accessible to the public.
Here’s a little more about me:
1. My name is Bree Tenant, but that’s not my real name. If you know my real name, please don’t spoil the fun. I use this pseudonym while writing to maintain anonymity.
2. I’m a middle school English teacher, hoping to break into the reviewing and publishing industries. I’d love to become a developmental editor.
3. I read just about everything I can get my hands on – from shampoo labels in the shower to large-scale fantasy novels to academic journals.
4. I do my fair share of writing as well. Until this year, my genre was always literary fiction and I usually stuck to short stories that I hoped to develop into novellas or even novels one day. However, the majority of what I read now is sci-fi/fantasy, so I figured, why not try my hand at that?
I don’t want to put a lot of personal stuff on this blog because I believe it would defeat it’s true purpose, but I don’t see the harm in posting a few random facts that may or may not pertain to the world of wordsmithing.
- Other than reading for profit, I think being a Marine Biologist would be the coolest job in the world.
- If I had a dwarf hamster, I’d name him Gimili.
- J.R.R. Tolkien was an amazing author – The Fellowship of the Ring is his best book.
- My favorite book, at the moment, is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
- My favorite book of all time is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling.
- The number one thing on my bucket list is backpacking through Europe. I’d love to start in Finland, travel across to Sweden (I’ve already been to Sweden), then move into Norway before traveling to the south, crossing back into Sweden and then crossing into Denmark. From there, I’d visit Poland, Germany, the Netherlands, and Belgium before crossing the English Channel to explore every country in the UK starting, move over to Wales and Ireland, then back across the Celtic Sea to Spain, France, Switzerland and Italy.
- The language I most wish to learn is Italian, followed closely by Latin.
- My favorite guilty pleasure is eating Penn State’s Berkey Creamery’s Death by Chocolate ice cream while watching Doctor Who. I also like their Black Raspberry frozen yogurt.
- I graduated from Penn State University in 2012 and I am proud of it.
- Yes, the book cover matters, a lot. So does the title.