As promised, here are my goals for this years Bout of Books Read-a-Thon!
This year, time has been a little crunched and I’ve not been able to read near as much as I would like. However, I’m going to attempted to read each day – mainly in the evenings – even though I’m leaving for a four-day weekend vacation on Thursday. Who knows, maybe I’ll be able to read even more sitting under my favorite oak tree in Gettysburg?
My general yearly goal, each year, is to read one book a week, or 52 books per year. However, my Goodreads shelf is presently reminding me that I’m behind this year…three books behind. Therefore, I would like to read five books during the Bout of Books 10 Read-a-Thon. This will catch me up, and even get me a little ahead.
Here are some of the books I might choose to read:
1. Books Can Be Deceiving by Jenn McKinlay
2. Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
4. The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
5. Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde
6. One for the Money by Janet Evanovich
7. Fangirl by Rainbow Powell
8. The Secret Crown by Chris Kuzneski
9. Undressing Mr. Darcy by Karen Doornebos
10. Of Grave Concern by Max McCoy
11. Stardust by Neil Gaiman
12. Bridget Jones’ Diary by Helen Fielding
Obviously, I will not get to all of these books. If I do, it’ll be a miracle, but I do have some long amounts of time that I can devote to reading this week.
I will update you each day with books that I have read and/or started.